SatiVite is looking for a Brisbane-based Medical Science Liaison for its rapidly growing medicinal cannabis business. This is an exciting ground-floor opportunity to fill a key role within a growth industry.
Reporting to the Chief Chemist, you will be responsible for engaging with external experts to discuss clinical and scientific information to support the quality use of Medicinal Cannabis.
This role requires an individual who can work autonomously, has a strong attention to detail, well organised, performance orientated and can facilitate high level of coordination between customers, sales and marketing and other internal stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with medical, scientific and external experts, including Healthcare Professionals and other key external stakeholders
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies that drive the achievement of sales objectives
- Identification of new potential channels, customers, business models and new market opportunities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support and shape strategy and drive scientific/clinical knowledge through insights gathering and sharing, training and medical activity execution
- Effectively identify, analyse, synthesise and communicate relevant new knowledge about the external environment to internal stakeholders
- Communicate scientific data and build advocacy and comprehension for Medicinal Cannabis data in relevant disease states
- Respond to medical enquiries in a manner that meets the scientific and clinical needs of customers and patients
- Support and drive the company’s interests, including medical marketing support for new and existing products, provision of medical, scientific and technical advice and maintaining medical partnerships with key opinion leaders in assigned therapeutic areas
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives and growth whilst ensuring brand consistency
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Formal qualifications in allied health, pharmacy, health sciences, medical science, pharmacology or medicine (Overseas-trained practitioners who are not qualified to practice in Australia are encouraged to apply).
- Experience in a pharmaceutical sales role (preferred)
- Demonstrated successes in building strong external and internal relationships through strong communication, influencing and collaborative networking skills, along with self-driven motivation to strive and achieve
- Knowledge of Australian pharmaceutical industry guidelines (MA Code of Conduct), regulatory (TGA) and clinical research guidelines (ICH-GCP, NHMRC National Statement)
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and demonstrated the ability to work in cross-functional teams, co-ordinate activities to enhance the performance of the group or project
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to self-manage
- High level analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to travel domestically as required (tradeshows, seminars, and conferences as appropriate)
- Australian citizenship, or a work visa that allows you to work for an extended period in Australia;
This opportunity presents an outstanding long-term career for the right individual, working with like-minded people with a passion about the science and want to make an impact on people’s lives.
At SatiVite, our people live the values of Inclusiveness, Relationship development, Continued personal & professional growth, Knowledge development, Understanding the needs of people & Innovation.
Role is based out of Brisbane, Qld.
If you would like to be part of this highly driven and successful team, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria above.